Any student who has been admitted to AUM may apply for admission to the University Honors Program . Typically, successful applicants meet the following criteria:
- an ACT score of 26 or higher
- cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
Just as important as a strong academic record, however, is a commitment to the core values of the UHP. Our community is about far more than what happens in the classroom, and we are looking for new students who are passionate about service to others, developing their leadership skills, and engaging both critically and creatively with big ideas. (A sense of adventure and a desire to have fun wouldn’t hurt, either.)
国产偷拍视频There are three stages to the honors application process:
- First, you need to apply for admission to AUM. Once you have been accepted into AUM, you will be issued a student identification number, referred to as an “S-Number.”
- Download and fill out this form.
- Next use your S-Number to log into the honors program application. There, you will find a list of essay prompts. Choose whichever prompt is most interesting to you, and write an essay in response to it. You will need to upload each essay as a Microsoft Word or PDF file. Bear in mind that the admissions committee is looking for evidence that you have something meaningful to offer the honors community at AUM: use the essay as an opportunity to demonstrate your creativity and your critical thinking skills, and provide some insight into your personality, your goals, and the things that make you a unique and interesting individual.
国产偷拍视频 Once you submit your essay, it will be read by a team of AUM professors. They will read every application essay, score them, and make comments. Scores and comments will be forwarded to the Honors Program staff.
- The Honors Program staff will contact you to schedule an on-campus interview with current AUM Honors students. If you live outside the Montgomery area, don’t worry; we can arrange an interview via webcam instead.
The students with whom you interview will be looking for the same kinds of characteristics the professors are looking for in your essay: intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and a willingness to engage with others as a member of a diverse community. They will share their assessments with the Honors Program staff, who will then make admissions decisions for the upcoming semester.